Thursday, April 12, 2012

Food talk

So I was looking for some new paleo recipes to work into the dinner mix since what I've been making is getting a bit boring. I've known about Nom Nom Paleo for a while, just haven't really studied the recipes. Well, I have to tell you, I love Primal Palate but I think nom nom may be better. I made the slow cooker chicken and gravy last night and it was delicious. Easy as hell if you have the time to prepare around noon to make sure the 4-5 hour cooking time ends up being close to dinner. Chicken is not something that can cook longer than it needs to like most stuff you throw in a slow cooker, so timing is key. Tonight I'm going to try the mushroom/spinach/coconut milk beef sliders. We always always have a supply of ground beef in the freezer so this seems like a good recipe for us.

Deadlifts felt good today. Made sure I lined up correctly each time and they seemed a bit easier at 165#. Not so sure my legs are going to be happy with me tomorrow considering I did about 65 deadlifts and 150 squats but eh, I made my bed and now I'll have to lie in it... if I can get up the stairs.


Wednesday
breakfast - oatmeal
snack/lunch - larabar, turkey, egglpant hummus and crackers
dinner - slow cooker whole chicken and sauteed onion gravy
*recipe note the gravy ended up being a bit thin for my taste, could be that I had to use a food processor instead of an immersion blender, unsure, but if you put the gravy in a sauce pan, heat up to almost boiling and add a teaspoon of arrowroot mixed in a teaspoon of cold water, it will thicken up a bit. Arrowroot can be found in most supermarkets' spice section and is a thickening sub for corn starch/flour. 


warm:
ohs - stick
good mornings (low bar for chest stretch)
lunges w/10# plate oh
jumping jacks
HPCs
push jerks (focusing on feet/leg placement)
stretching/mobility

CFSB C1/W13
Back Squat
warm: 3x95, 3x115#
work: 5x125, 3x135, 5x145#

Clean & Jerk
1-1-1-1-1-1-1
55-65-75-85-90-95-100#(2)

Cashout - push jerk 1rm - 115# (little sloppy on getting feet together at finish)

notes - Form was crappy @100 so tried twice, still crappy. Work on cleans more often. HPC’s thru 75, squat cleans 85-100. 


Thursday
breakfast - leftover chicken, eggplant hummus, paleo crackers
snack/lunch - 
dinner - mini beef sliders and brussle sprouts


warm:
ohs - 16#
lbbs
good mornings
jump rope
stretching/mobility

CFSB C1/W13
Deadlifts
warm: 3x115, 6x135
work: 5x155, 5x165#
high rep @115 (15-12-9)

Puppies: scaled
Three rounds for time of:
Handstand walk 5-10 yards - plank walks 20 (right up/down, left up/down counted as 1 ‘step’)
50 Squats

7:23

No comments:

Post a Comment