Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pull ups are hard

As someone who couldn't do a pull up to save my life, I'm pretty proud of myself today. 22 months ago if I were hanging off the edge of a cliff, I'de surely plummet to my death. So when Bob said he had to do weighted pull ups today I thought eh, what the hell I'll give it a shot. I dug out my 20 year old Jansport backpack and loaded it up. I got up to 30 pounds. Couldn't quite get 35 unless you count nose to bar. Pretty sure they don't count.

The dumbbell bench presses went well. Actually got up to 35#. When I got them up to my chest I thought there was no fucking way in hell I was going to lift them up but I did it. I kept thinking really, it's only 70 pounds. I can bench press 90, this is a piece of cake. Yeah OK. It wasn't but I got thru it. Starting to think this strength bias thing is working after all. Hell, it better, I've been doing it for the better part of a year.

Mudder day is creeping up. My hopes for nice warm weather are diminishing. Looks like it won't be any warmer than last time we did it in November. 50, cloudy, may rain. Yuck. Not much I can do about it, but still hoping the weather channel will bring me better news like some freak hot spell for a day. Time to break out the sausage casing thermal shirt and long pants again. Bummer.


Tuesday
breakfast - eggs w/collards and leftover grilled chicken
lunch - larabar
dinner - sauteed shrimp and veggies

warm:
squats
presses
good mornings
burpees
stretching/baseball rolling

WOD
Modified to incline DB press
3-3-3-3-3
15-20-25-30-35#

cashout:
1RM weighted pull ups - 10-15-20-25-30(PR)-35(f)
10x20# med ball sit ups

No comments:

Post a Comment