Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Alright tire its you and me.

Today is supposed to be a rest day for me. I know, seems like I just had one. I'm on a 3 day on 1 day off schedule for the most part. 'For the most part' refers to if there are a few WODs in a row that completely kicked my ass and I'm really sore, I'll do a 2 day on 1 day off. Anyway, today was all about trying out some new moves with the tire. Bob found a few cool workouts from some college wrestling coach online and was up at 6am to get his workout in. When I woke at 7 and came downstairs, there was a gleam in his eye, sweat on the floor and a grin on his face as he says "Wow, I'm glad we took that thing home." Now I'm jacked. Rest day schmest day.

So I suit up in my favorite purple and black Queen t-shirt and running pants. I was going to just run today since technically I should be training for the Tough Mudder www.toughmudder.com but hey, dragging a tire around can't hurt, it's still training. With the rings attached to the rope... which proved to be great handles for the tire, I did a few laps of these overhead style pulls, squat pulls and baseball swings. I'm guessing the distance was 30' each time. Not sure if it was the pasta and turkey meatballs we had for dinner last night, but I felt great. Strong. It was a good workout to say the least, challenging and fun. Next time I'll have to go a little farther and do a few burpees, squats or box jumps in between and make a real metcon out of it.

I did get a few stares from the stroller moms, you know, the ones that suit up and talk on the phone while pushing the stroller? Yeah, thats right I'm dragging a tire down the street on a rope so what of it!

Warmup:
Yoga stretches (downward dog, chattaranga)
10 hand release push ups
400m jog
10xbroomstick OHS

WOD
w/86# tire
3 x 30' overhead push (arms straight, dragging tire behind)
1 x 30' squat and pull
2x 30' baseball swing (pulling across the body like a baseball swing)

Cashout:
2x10 second sprints

Not sure how to explain the workouts, but you can search youtube for tire pull exercises and find a ton of cool stuff to do... if you have a tire or small child you can drag around.

Food Tip: If you can't pronounce it, you shouldn't be eating it.


No comments:

Post a Comment