Thursday, October 20, 2011

I'm not sleeping, I'm looking at the inside of my eyelids

I wasn't sure what I was going to post about today then it hit me when my son said to me 'mommy I want you to keep your eyes open'. My response was 'dude, I'm trying my best'. Need. More. Coffee. Some days I really struggle to stay awake. It's usually around 2-3pm that I notice it. A majority of the days I set the alarm on my watch to make sure I'm awake before my daughter gets off the bus. You just never know. I've been known to be awake one minute and then snoring for 15. Maybe CrossFit makes you narcoleptic. I did do burpees (yay burpees!) today. Burpee box jumps actually. Just when you think they suck enough, there's always someone out there making them suck even more.

Back to my narcolepsy. CrossFit may be a little sadistic. Sometimes more than a little. I mean, the idea behind it is to make you stronger, fitter and enhance your overall endurance to get stuff done. To get thru life and be active. At least, that is my impression. On any given day a WOD will kick your ass to the point where you need to A) throw up, B) collapse, C) feel like you're going to throw up or D) take a nap. Doesn't anyone see the irony here? The very thing that is supposed to be making us stronger is actually draining us. No it's not all the time, but I can say 75% of the time I'm wiped and/or sore. Why do I keep doing this to myself? Because the other 25% feels awesome. There are those days when I feel like I can keep going, I get everything accomplished that I set out to do AND do it while maintaining a happy and positive mood. They may be rare but they are priceless.

Breakfast: oatmeal w/flax, peanut butter, coconut, walnuts.
Lunch: greek yogurt, almonds, turkey, hummus, grapes.
Dinner: will be sauteed chicken/spinach sausage w/collard greens, onion, mushrooms, raddichio and yellow peppers.

shoulder/hip mobility stretching

CFSB w2/d4:
Shoulder Press
warmup: 5x30, 40, 45#
work: 3x55, 60, 70#(5)
last set max reps

15, 12, 9
Burpee Box Jumps
Push Press - 65#

*Notes - shoulder felt good on shoulder presses. 5@70 is good considering my 1rm is 80. (i think, have to check the board). wod was challenging, had to break up presses, burpees unbroken. Overall felt good. Dinner last night was a ton of meat and veggies.

Food Tip: Try split chicken breasts with the bone and skin. Season w/s&p, lemon slices and rosemary sprigs under the skin and grill. You'll never eat boring plain breasts again. And they are meatier and cheaper!

Grilled Chicken Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment