Friday, October 28, 2011

Tabata butt kicking

Not sure why I felt so beat up during and after todays Tabata WOD. Maybe because the 20 second work and the laughable 10 second rest just completely kills me. I like the idea of it, short, fast endurance based, but it is exhausting. Maybe it's because I didn't eat and didn't sleep well who knows. I do have a lot on my plate this weekend again so the control freak in me is already overwhelmed and that I'm assuming affects my performance. Remember, this blog is a work in progress. It's for me to figure out why I feel fantastic one day and crappy the next. We all know stress, poor diet and poor sleep are significant factors in performance and motivation and I'm not too motivated to get anything done today period. But... and I hate to use something that sounds so cliche, but, I think one major ideas that CrossFit has taught me is that you just keep going and don't give up. I used to give up and say something was too hard, too painful, too whatever, but not anymore.

Saw the Ortho again yesterday for a follow up. He thinks I may have biceps tendonitis. Which my physical therapist told me about 2 months ago. I'm still having pain in the shoulder but more in the front where the bicep tendon is. I am making progress with my flexibility and overall pain is diminishing so we are on a 'wait and see' approach. Give it another 6 weeks or so and see how I'm feeling. If I'm feeling better then just keep doing what I'm doing, if not we do an MRI/X-ray and see whats what. I've done some research on my own and it sounds like it could be anything from tendonitis to a torn rotator cuff. I think after the Mudder I'm going to call and request an MRI and get it over with so we know for sure. Very frustrating.

Thursday 
Rest day
Recon Ron Pull ups
Day 2: 2-2-1-1-1

Friday
Warmup:
jump rope
10 walking lunges w/10# plate overhead
stretching/mobility

Tabata Something Else
8 rounds each, 20 second on, 10 second rest
Pull ups - 11-14-10-10-9-7-8-8= 77
Push ups - 12-11-9-8-7-7-5-5= 64
Sit ups - 10-10-10-9-9-9-9-8= 74
Squats - 15-14-15-13-12-11-11-12= 103
Total: 318

*Notes - not feeling it today. Push ups were very hard. Sit ups almost made me puke and the squats wrecked my legs. Last time I did this wod I scored 360. I'm willing to bet I used the green band for the pull ups so that would add some reps. This time I used the blue band. Slow progress but progress none the less.




No comments:

Post a Comment