Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Snatch is terrible

And yes, it's an xfit lift not a personal problem. The snatch, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h4r8tWGAKM&feature=related is admittedly one of the toughest movements for most of us. Today it just wasn't in the cards for me. I tried over and over and over and over. Bob was there to tell me what I was doing wrong and I still couldn't put it together. I couldn't even get it right with 45lbs. Some may think that is heavy but no, it's not. I totally gave up which is not like a CF athlete. Just watching Sage (from the video) kill it each time makes it even worse. No matter that she is the daughter of one of the best trainers out there, no matter that she's like... 18 and has been doing it since birth. I should be able to do this by now!

Eh, enough about my failed wod. I did however punish myself by dragging that damn truck tire down and up the street in front of the house. Well, when I say down and up the street it was really about 25 or so feet. Believe me, that was enough. That mother weighs 86.5 pounds. It was a great challenge and I need to work that into my routine regardless of the crazy looks I get. If I keep doing that my ass will be tighter than a Jon Jones rear naked choke.

Not much to report today, still stunned the Cowboys lost and I had too much beer for lunch.

WOD:
Snatch
1-1-1-1-1-1-1
16.5-16.5-45-45-45-45-55lbs

Warmup:
800m - 4x10 second sprints
squats
ohs
box jumps - 22"

Cashout:
dragging the 86 pound tire about 25'


Food Tip: Agave is not all it's cracked up to be. It is actually worse than high fructose corn syrup. Stick with honey or maple syrup if you must add sweetener. My vote is to stay away from all of it and save yourself the empty calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment