Friday, October 21, 2011

Run Forrest Run

Another running WOD today. Not that I actually did the other 2 yet since I'm on a different schedule now with the strength stuff. I think it's been about 3-4 in the past week. Yuck. I used to love to run but now, not so much. I think I burned myself out last year when I was running 10-15 miles a week. In fact, that is definitely it. Todays workout was run 200m do 20 of this, run 200m do 20 of that... you get my drift, 4 times and 3 rounds of it. It wasn't the most challenging workout, but proved to be a great test of stamina of which I had during... but now, not so much. I've had 4 cups of coffee and am about to try a Monster Revive, resuscitate, reborn, relive, whatever lemonade and tea mix drink to help me get thru the rest of the day.

Today's workout looked like it would be a tough one considering when I checked out everyone else's time on my forum they were coming in at 30-45 minutes. Ouch, this is going to be a long one. But then when I started I thought by the end of round 2 that yeah, it does kinda suck but not as much as I expected. Although I only did 3 rounds instead of 5. Had I done 2 more I would have actually thrown up in the street rather than just feel like I was going to for about an hour after I was done. It was one of those sneaky workouts, kinda like chinese food, it always comes back to bite you later.

Another busy weekend. Tomorrow heavy deadlifts in the am, meeting a friend and taking kids to the farm for some Halloween fun then Sunday another Mudder training. I'm tired already.

No breakfast.
Brunch: (after wod) eggs w/beef, kale, shrooms and tomatoes
Dinner: will be tuna steaks w/mango, avocado, lime, cilantro salsa, acorn squash, broccoli rabe.

Warmup:
Not much, squats, stretching

WOD:
3 rounds:
200m
20 push ups
200m
20 pull ups
200m
20 sit ups
200m
20 squats

24:57

*Notes - felt pretty good. Paced myself pretty well. Everything was unbroken except for the pull ups which I used the blue band. Wiped out and nauseous after. Could have pushed thru 5 rounds had I had more time and had eaten a good breakfast.

Food Tip: Need another way to cook veggies? Try roasting them. Cut and lay them out on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, s&p. Roast @425 about 10-15 min. I usually mix things like, carrots, peppers, broccoli, onions, green beans etc.. Just keep an eye on them since they cook quick.



No comments:

Post a Comment