Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Two words, candied bacon

Yes thats right fellow pork lovers. Bacon covered in maple syrup and a sprinkle of brown sugar baked in the oven. It will make you weak in the knees its that good. I made that last night as a pre birthday treat for Bob. Today is his birthday and how better to celebrate than with a new Dynamax 20# medicine ball, a speed rope and a paleo friendly desert. I'll post the desert tomorrow since I want it to be a surprise.

Today since I have a ton of stuff to do I decided to get my WOD in before I ate. There are several articles I read that exercising before a meal is a good way to burn off any fat that was stored since the body doesn't have anything else to use. I don't do it that often since my habit is to eat first, get the kids fed and ready for school, get some quick housework stuff done then exercise. And I had it in my head that my performance suffers when I haven't eaten. Hopefully I'll learn from my blog posts, which is the real point to all of my rambling, how I perform with or without food and what causes me to feel fantastic thru one workout and why I have absolutely no motivation during another. I'm willing to bet its in my head for the most part since I felt pretty damn good this morning. My WOD blew on Sunday but it wasn't lack of nutrition, rest or time, it was because I hate the snatch movement and already decided I couldn't or didn't want to do it. The mind is the most powerful muscle in the body. (well, is it actually a muscle?) I don't know, but you know what I mean. So put the negativity aside and go out and kick some ass today. 

HUGE shout out to The Food Lovers Primal Palate for the bacon recipe. It is the shit.

Warmup:
400m
hip and shoulder mobility stretches
squats

WOD
5 rounds:
3 Handstand push ups
6 Chest to bar pull ups
12 walking lunge steps w/25# dumbbells

7:56

*Notes - Day 4 no rest. No breakfast. Pull ups were green band assisted, needed the extra help to get chest up to the bar. Initial get up for the HSPUs hurt shoulder, some not full ROM. Lunges were tough but totally doable. Raise pounds next time. Turkey meatloaf, sweet pots and brussle sprouts for dinner last night.





No comments:

Post a Comment